Planning for my future is a key component of running a successful business.
- KiwiSaver is set up and I pay the right amount for me (minimum of $1,040 per annum)
- My will is updated and signed
- I will think about a Family Trust
Saving for the Future – Don’t Forget about KiwiSaver
Being self-employed I can enjoy all the benefits of KiwiSaver except the employer contributions. When I join, if I am eligible:
- I'll be able to take advantage of the first home buyer's benefits
- The Government will pay an annual member tax credit
If I have a mortgage or core debt (credit card) pay against this first over and above the KiwiSaver max to get the best return.
- Government Voluntary Retirement Savings Scheme
- For the Self Employed
- Flexible (may have minimum contribution requirements)
- Make lump sum payments when I choose or set up regular payments